Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Art of War: According To a Pisces





Recently, while putting together the final touches to the Indiegogo campaign, I had the honor of speaking with the Founder and CEO of Inanna House, Mara Williams. 


Something she said, struck me and I finally realized why I've chosen her vision for Inanna House to both advocate and fundraise for.


I had inquired about getting a very prominent Lyme Advocate involved in the campaign, and she simply replied that this person was too busy, and so entrenched in trying to change "the Political Affairs regarding Lyme Patients" to participate.


The second she said that, a vision of a person passionately throwing himself against an enormous black mountain in a desperate attempt to move it, flashed threw my mind, and I kind of chuckled and said, "Well that's not gonna happen just yet... : )


Please don't misunderstand, I admire ALL efforts that are being put forth to change and rectify the controversy surrounding this epidemic...it's just that I've recently chosen to "fight" in a different way - one that suits my nature much better : )


I'm sure there are a LOT of different opinions about Pisces in general out there, but the ONE thing that is incredible about us is our ability to adapt! 


Going back to the metaphor above, if I saw an enormous black mountain that I needed to have moved, I would NOT throw myself against it, no...the Pisces in me would simply want to carve a watery path around it, and ask others to follow and - in a nutshell, this is what Inanna House is doing for us!


Eventually, if enough of us follow that path, something amazing would happen, something only water could do. It would erode the foundation of that impenetrable rock and we'd all watch in wonder as that mountain simply crumbled to the ground. Now...wouldn't that be the ultimate understanding of Lao Tzu's quote in The Art of War, "Know Thy Enemy"??


Here's What We Need To Do
  • Click on the icon for our campaign below, and if you can, contribute - we have amazing perks AND if we don't reach our goal in 45 days all contributions will automatically be refunded, so there's no harm in trying : ) 
  • I know there are many Lyme patients in financial despair and cannot contribute, but even then, there's so much you can do to help. A short lesson in understanding the "Indiegogo platform" will help you show you why:

*They have something called a "gogofactor" which means that a unique computer algorithm can automatically tell how many people are going to the site and sharing the campaign with others. If enough people go to the site and share using the "Indiegogo Sharing Tools" Inanna House will be featured on the website itself, which in turn, would gain us global and media exposure!*


How to "Share"
  1. If you have a facebook or twitter account, go to the website by clicking on the icon below, and click the facebook "like" icon on it; if you have a twitter account, click on that icon and tweet something GREAT about it!
  2. E-mail the campaign to any contacts and friends you'd like and use this particular URL link to direct them to the campaign: http://igg.me/p/161260?a=666784 (it's the gogofactor URL)
  3. If you have a blog or website, please either share this post, or create your own post about it, and use this HTML embed code to get the image below, it will enable them to click on it and direct them to the site: <iframe src="http://www.indiegogo.com/project/161260/widget/666784" width="224px" height="429px" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
  4. The last thing you can do to help us get featured is just by going to the site and clicking through it...that's it!


All My Best,
Sarah : )

PS: I know my pitch video is a little choppy; I did my best, and I have Lyme Disease - get over it! I do enjoy a good laugh though, and am happy to be the fool for a good cause, soooo if you want to see something REALLY funny, go to my "blooper reel" in the Gallery Section on the website : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

All and any comments, criticisms, suggestions, shout-outs, or any other uncontainable remarks are ABSOLUTELY and completely welcome : )